Change of Plan


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Dillon
June 23rd 2010
Published: June 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, we looked at the weather report for Yellowstone and saw that it was to be a high of 49 and rainy, so we said to ourselves, "Selves! Let's go to Yellowstone on the way home (or not) instead of on the way up, and we'll stop in Glacier on the way up instead." So here we are in Montana. Hi, Montana friends! We came up I-15, which we had never done before. Quite a good road! This campground has a river beside it - too fast right now for fishing. We saw a muskrat. We also saw a giant nest in the grass with four large eggs in it. Nancy took a picture. Just then, the campground owner drove up and asked Nancy if the bird was sitting on the nest. Nancy said, "No. What kind of bird is it? A goose?" No, they said it was a peahen. We had heard the peacocks calling earlier, but hadn't seen any. We wonder if the nest was abandoned because so many people (and a lawnmower) were nearby.
Rich is still enthralled with his Father's Day present - a book of poems by Robert Service. Watch out, you people meeting us in Alaska. He's practicing "The Cremation of Sam McGee" and "The Shooting of Dan McGrew" as well as other favorites to entertain you.

Advertisement



24th June 2010

robert service
I can still remember part of Sam McGee myself...Way up north where the cold wind blows....I think I used it for a public speaking poem in college. We watched a play on him in Whitehorse. Don't remember much else from that particular day.

Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb