READY FOR YELLOWSTONE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Butte
September 15th 2010
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

SEPTEMBER 13

TUESDAY

…overcast the entire day, and rain tonight … took state highways from glacier national park to butte, montana and took the interstate from there down to three forks, montana …

… you may get tired of hearing this, however, it is true: though we didn’t see very much sun today the scenery was delightful … the rain and low clouds added ambiance … met some people tonight who were complaining that all they had had since leaving Michigan was rain … guess it all depends on one’s attitude toward life …

… tomorrow we will head south along the western border of yellowstone national park … up a river and narrow canyon to the west yellowstone entrance to the park … it is, i believe, the most scenic routes into Yellowstone, with the exception, of course, of entering from the tetons …

… stopped at a garage in butte to see if the mechanic would grease the bearing buddies on the camper … they did it gratis, however, I stuck a 10 in the mechanic’s shirt pocket … the shop had just closed and he did it on his own time … when traveling one meets all kinds, and shop owner and mechanic were wonderful …

… today we drove through mountains , along mountain rivers, and a number of high mountain lakes … also did a couple of neat canyons and finally broke out into high sage grasslands …

… it’s difficult to try to describe what really needs to be experienced …

… this is the first time in weeks that we have had good internet connections … will try to post some pictures …

... sorry, no pictures tonight ... can't get them to load ...

-everymomentinlifeisanadventurerichard

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb