HIGHWAY TO THE SUN


Advertisement
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

SEPTEMBER 12

… yes, it has been a long time since either one of us wrote on the blog … the reason being that we did not have access to internet …

… yesterday morning, we awakened to rain and 34 degree temperature … which is 2 degrees above snow … we were in hinton, alberta which is the eastern gate to jasper national park … in order to get to jasper we had to gain a 1000 feet and once in jasper gain another 2000 feet … which means that we were going to be into heavy snow plus that the clouds were a few feet above ground level … we made the decision to head out on to the plains and turned toward edmonton … to make a long story short we drove east then south to montana … Sunday afternoon we began to see sunlight … the first we had seen in 5 days …

… today we drove the highway to the sun in glacier national park … it was sunny and warm … 68 … now that might not seem warm to you but I haven’t seen those kinds of temps except once the whole time in alaska …

… glacier national park is fabulous … we took hike on the ridge trail … one section is 3-4 feet wide and 300 feet straight down … marilyn is quite a trooper … she conquered her fears and walked a part of the trail including the 300 foot drop off section … it was late so we took pictures and headed back up the trail … wait until you see the picture of marilyn walking the drop off section of the trail …

… it’s late so will leave this in word and will try to put it on the net in the morning …

… now that we are in the u.s. you should get a blog every day or so … pictures are a pain to upload so will send everyone a cd with pictures …

shalom, shaloms …

itdoesn’tgetmuchbetterthanthehighwaytothesunrichard

p.s. many deer today up close … 4 big horn sheep, and a baby mountain goat …

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb