Summer 2009 - Day 8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Bozeman
July 8th 2009
Published: June 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Travel Day - Yellowstone -> Bozeman, MT


Woke up fairly early, everyone got dressed - it was cold around 38 degrees. Packed up the tent etc...Jumped in the car, made a quick stop at the General Store and off we went. We made the drive north to Mammoth where we made a quick pit stop. We then climbed back into the car and drove north out of the park through Gardiner, Mt and made our way to Bozeman, MT. While rain threatened the entire way, we made it without rain. We checked into the hotel and quickly went off to lunch at Famous Daves BBQ - it was excellent and I also noticed that there is no tax at restaurants here! Now it was finally time to get cleaned up. We went back to the hotel and swam in the heated indoor pool. Everyone seemed to enjoy that activity! Amy, Ethan and Noah showered, then Noah and I went to the laundromat down the street. After Amy and Ethan finished showering they walked over and picked up Noah. They all went back to the hotel to rest while I stayed and finished the laundry. After the laundry was done it was finally my turn to shower and get dressed. We then went to dinner at the Montana Ale Works, supposedly this is a “locals” place. I must say, it was very good and well priced. It is a micro-brewery restaurant and bar. After dinner it was time to find ice-cream; apparently the place I remember from 1983 is no longer around so we found a cute little ice-cream/candy store that has only been open for a week. They closed at 8pm and it was about 8:05pm, when the young girls working at the store found out we were only in town for the 1 night, they were nice enough to serve us. After that excitement it was off to Walmart to stock up for the next couple of days - the usual bagels, water, cookies, etc...
Back to the hotel, bed for the boys, packing for us.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb