Mountain Biking Back in Bozeman


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Bozeman
August 12th 2008
Published: October 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our last full day here and the full team was out on the mounatin bike ride today so we hired an additional bike made some lunch and set off. Another beautiful sunny day in Bozeman. This was a one way ride so required 2 cars. Off we headed with boys in one truck and girls in the other. The start of the ride was a winding gravel road so there was a quick decision to be made between laziness and the up hill grind. We had a decent ride ahead of us so we decided on a section of road just long enought to get the blood flowing before we headed off road. Before starting off there was one important task that must never be forgotten and that is bathing in insecticide to keep the mozzies and angry horse flies at bay.

It was a fantastic mountain bike ride and we were so pleased we didn't take the option of lounging around for our last day. The initial grind up was long and hard but the views from the top were well worth it. We managed to spread out sufficiently enough so that no one was in anyones way but regrouped regularly for some well earnt food and drink. The ride was well balanced with some decent climbing at the start with a mixture of up and down in the middle section and ending in a fantastic (in matts opinion as Leanne thought otherwise) downhill. This was very technical with countless switchbacks and after we eventually turned the final corner to see the car it was a pleasure to see trustie Joe pull out his small chillybin/esky for his traditional post ride debriefing beer. The boys then picked up the other truck we loaded up to head back to Sarah and Joes for one last night. Reality was starting to bite.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Time for a snackTime for a snack
Time for a snack

not a bad spot for a break


Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb