Back in Bozeman


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Bozeman
August 9th 2008
Published: October 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

If we thought it was time for a lazy day we were happily mistaken. We got up a little late to find the usual ritual of Sarah and Joe sitting out in the back garden drinking iced coffee, reading the paper or doing university work. Joe had been keen to get us on another one of his favourite local loops, so suggested we load up the truck and head out on a ride through and around Bridger Bowl, the local ski field. Our night was also planned as Sarah and Joes good friends Mark and Amy were recently married and having their delayed reception to which we had somehow scooped an invite.

We arrived at Bridger Bowl and unloaded the bikes for our grinding ride beneath the chair lifts up the ski field. Always strange to see a ski field without snow and will make it fun when we come back in ski season. It was a very fun ride with the hard work all at the start. Leanne made it clear she was missing female company with Matt and Joes rest breaks being Leannes catch up time. We arrived back at the truck pumpming with adrenaline from the down hill blast and Leanne recalling the only tumble for the day. But one of Joes mountain bike trips was not complete without a well earnt icy beer from the chilly bin.

So with Joe helping out with the wedding reception preparations we spent what was left of the afternoon hanging out with Sarah. Before we knew it, it was time to head to Mark and Amy's wedding reception. This was definitely a wedding Bozeman style. There was no horse and carriage and vintage cars to be seen. In this green corner of the world the whole wedding party travels to the reception in a large bike parade lead by the bride and groom. Some traditions should never be missed, so Joes make shift sign of "not so recently married" swung proudly from the back of their bikes with the rattle of tin cans towing behind them. We cycled through the main part of town with a slight festival atmosphere as people appeared on their verandahs to see what the commotion was about.

The reception venue was beautiful and was sitting in the corner of a local park. We finally had a chance to meet the missing faces to the last of Sarah and Joes friends we had heard so much about. Matt was very happy to see a keg with a pump as it had been a long time since he had seen one of these and we sat down to one of the nicest buffet dinners we have had. As usual we were the last to leave and even called back to the bride and grooms for a night cap before calling it quits (yep you guessed it we already had a plan for the next day).


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.9kb