Billings, MT


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Billings
July 6th 2008
Published: July 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Michael and Judy Heading Home to ParisMichael and Judy Heading Home to ParisMichael and Judy Heading Home to Paris

We are going to miss their wit, wisdom and, companionship.
Billings, MT, July 6, 2008

Mike and Judy leave today to fly back home to Paris, KY. We get them off and turn back to town sad at losing our travdelling companions and excited by the plans for the rest of our trip.

We have decided to lay over in Billings today and tomorrow to get some chores done; laundry, getting the truck cleaned up. Oh! And, some shoppng and repacking are in order before we take off again. In addition we have to decide where to go next!?

The Wave is a great little car wash and oil change business in Billings. The employees are actively friendly and engaged in their work and life. They offered to check the tire pressure for us so we pulled up on the drive through rack. after checking the tires the mechanic asked about our trip. When he learned we had been to fly fishing school, he and another employee were enthusiastic about recommendations for us to try while there. They began to plan how we could go to different places and fish or sightsee. While we talked, Donna leaned out of the truck to ask what someone might be doing unnder the truck. Well, the mechanic on the lower level is responsible for draining the oil from the cars while the mechanic on the upper level complets the oil change job. And he did his job; while we talked, he drained the oil. The mechanic apologized and promptly went about replacing our oil and filter. He also thoroughly checked all of the other fluid levels and inspected belts and hoses all at no charge. He and the other employee also took advantage of the extra time to make additional recommendations for our trip.

Donna and I have decided to lay in on Monday morning and take the day off. Tomorrow we will go to the western side of Yellowstone. Donna found us a great lodging at the Best Western in Driggs, ID. This gets us in a good place to explore the Grand Tetons, South Yellowstone and, Jackson and Wilson, WY. Our route in will take us into the North Entrance of Yellowstone and down to West Yellowstone where we had lunched on pizza Saturday, then south to Driggs, ID.

Advertisement



12th July 2008

looking forward
to the plans for your route back to Georgia- they are quite a mystery.
17th July 2008

Maybe you'll not come back?!?

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb