Chalk N' Rock, Bigfork, Style


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Bigfork
September 21st 2014
Saved: October 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Rock must mean rock music, but chalk? Most of us have not seen or touched chalk since junior high. But put them together for Bigfork's annual Chalk 'n Rock Festival on the streets of Bigfork, Saturday and Sunday. This is a performance art event consisting of chalk art drawn on the streets (one mainly, about two blocks long) of Bigfork. In the background or foreground, depending on where you are standing or sitting, some good old Montana rock music will be performed alongside.

Saturday, the art projects will be in full swing, and Sunday will be the final results and judging. The main street in Bigfork is appropriately called Electric Avenue. This festival is consistent with Bigfork's reputation as the friendliest and most artistic small town west of the Rockies. Even kids will be given a small square to fill!!!

Here is some artwork form previous years:





I would say to my untrained eye, quite good. So, after my Huckleberry 100 Bike Race yesterday, I will head over to Bigfork for the Chalk 'n Rock. I will probably miss the most interesting sounding group, "The Bad Larrys". But I have all day Sunday to enjoy both the chalk and the rock! Would you believe the Italians actually have a name for these artists, Madonnari. With three dozen Madonnari, and two block long Electric Avenue, there will not be much room for anything else. There are three artist categories, professional, amateur, and student. But it should be quite a spectacle.
We also look forward to seeing Paulette at the Pocketstone Cafe in downtown Bigfork. You recall she is a lady that was in West Berlin when I was there in 1971. I walked over to East Berlin through Checkpoint Charlie. It should be a wonderful weekend in one of our favorite places in the world. <br id="ecxFontBreak" />We are slowly moving from fall to winter here. I had to turn the heater on here at the fabulous Candlewycke Inn. Fall colors are almost here, with lots of golden yellows, slowly moving to red and orange. The air is definitely cooler, and getting thicker with the smell of fireplaces and wood stoves burning wood. Perhaps, it is time for some winter clothes. Our last day here in Montana will be very relaxing. I may have over done it yesterday in my big race. But there is so much to see and do!

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb