Getting ready for our trip - 1 week away


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » St Louis
May 7th 2019
Published: May 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Old Photo Just to Get in the MoodOld Photo Just to Get in the MoodOld Photo Just to Get in the Mood

Wanted to test uploading a photo. This is at the airport from our 2017 trip. We haven't changed a bit. :)
Our big trip is only a week away. This is a new blog site, because my old one went away. Hopefully this works. You probably received an email notifying you of this post. Sort of a test. If you don't want to read, just ignore the emails or let me know to take you off the list.

Our trip:

Dot and I leave next Monday afternoon. We fly to Chicago, then to London. We are going to spend a few days in London, mainly going to the theatre. We have tickets to 2 shows. Then we will take the train from London to Scotland for the main portion of our trip.

We will start with a few days in Edinburgh, then rent a car and head for the Scottish Highlands. (We have been watching the Outlander series). Our overnight stops include Inverness, Portree on the Isle of Skye, Glencoe area, (I can't remember or spell the name of the town) and Stirling. We expect to see a lot of castles and ruins, hiking, beautiful scenery, whiskey distilleries, salmon and probably lots of rain. Maybe some bike riding if we are lucky, but the trails sound pretty difficult. If you know us, you know we are totally prepared for the rain. We have waterproof raincoats, waterproof hikers and even waterproof pants.

That is our plan. We will see how everything plays out. Still trying to get everything done before we leave.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb