2007 - The Trip Begins


Advertisement
Published: May 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to the 2007 Paulsen travel adventure. For a few of you who may not know we are again traveling for about 10 weeks, but in the US and eastern Canada this year. We are working our way east and then will head north to Maine and Novia Scotia. Hope you all receive this, our first entry for the trip.
After a slow start we got the toy hauler loaded and headed east leaving a little late (11:30 AM) on Thursday, May 10. We are doing major reorganization in Missouri so we can at least walk through the space. With 2 bikes, 2 hard kayaks plus an inflatable boat and our other travel supplies it is a little crowded. Plan to move the kayaks to the bed of the truck and lock with cables so we have some moving room inside.
Don't travel at the speed we are used to when pulling the toy hauler so took us 3 long days to get to Lake of the Ozarks. Spent the first night at a truck stop in Gallup, NM. The second night we stayed in a KOA campground about 20 miles west of Oklahoma City. Very nice. Met our Europe expectations. Reached our destination around 3 PM the 3rd day out.
Enjoying visiting with family. Went boating on the lake yesterday. We go to St. Louis tomorrow and then back to the lake on Friday. We head toward Washington DC on Tuesday, May 22. Will send our next entry from the east coast. Take care, David and Barb

Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb