Grandma's Feather Bed


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi » Jackson
February 15th 2009
Published: February 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My alarm went off sometime around the butt crack of dawn. We had to leave at 6:45, so getting showered and things had to happen earlier. Load in went really well- this union house is a lot like home; everyone’s competent and pretty well enjoys what they do, or at leave have fun with it. I knew it would be a good day when Kyle gave a hug to Sarah, and then Dana, and then one of the locals got in line, an old man. The whole crew was great to work with.

Since we were only about a block from the hotel, I got to go back to my room for a nap before the matinee show. Sarah’s grandfather and a friend of his drove up to see the show, so they went to lunch with all of us, and it was super fun. Sarah’s grandpa and mom, well, everyone in her family, is a crier- everything makes them tear up. We took some pics and he was saying how proud he was of her and tearing up, and there was a part of me that was jealous. Sometimes having a grampa would be nice, I think.

Sarah’s grandma also came up from New Oreleans. (Sarah didn’t know this until last night, and her grandparents are divorced, so who knew how it would go down.) She and her friend took Sarah to dinner after the show. I was invited, but going to bed at 6 sounded nicer. The show was good and everyone loved it, though the kids were tired, but starting to get over their colds. At least everyone was in this one.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb