St. Paul Fun


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » St. Paul
December 31st 2006
Published: December 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Am in St. Paul, MN. Last night, I went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. That was amazing! Talk about a rock opera. There's just no other way to describe it. They never took a break and it ended up being a 3 hour show. Such incredible voices, deep, rich voices by those who sung. And then there was the music. Amazing musicians of electric guitar, piano, organ, violin, all combined for this loud, upbeat show coupled with an amazing light show. Can't say enough about it. It was their last show for this tour and I don't believe they start touring again until early winter 2007. Wasn't able to take pictures so have nothing to upload right now. I will definitely be back to see them again next year.

Yesterday morning, I left Fargo, ND and drove to just over the border in Wisconsin to visit with relatives. Had a very nice time. Drove through Stillwater, MN and each time I do, I am so surprised at the beauty of that little city. Years back, I worked there for a summer and it is a very quaint place to visit and seems to be thriving.

Headed back to St. Paul and got checked into my hotel late afternoon yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised to find that my hotel was located within 7 blocks of Xcel Energy Center and also connected via skyway. So far, the massive snow storm on the way hasn't shown up. It had been raining most of the day, though, so being connected by skyway was awesome because it allowed me to walk without getting wet or having to wear a coat!

Today, the snow started. Lots of travel advisories. We'll have to see what tomorrow morning brings as far as trying to make it back home. Today, I went to a Minnesota Wild game in Xcel Energy Center. It's a great venue to watch hockey. The arena is usually packed and today there were over 18,500 in attendance which has to be close to a sell out. The Wild won so a good time was had by all except a few Ducks fans.

That's it for St. Paul. It was a fun weekend getaway and will definitely be back!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Wild Win!Wild Win!
Wild Win!

Wild beat the Mighty Ducks!


3rd January 2007

good times
glad you had a great time...I am trusting you made it back through the weather advisories. It is always good catching up on your travel adventures. :)

Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 105; dbt: 0.1827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb