Minneapolis


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Madison - Minneapolis


Lake of the IslesLake of the IslesLake of the Isles

One of Minneapolis' Lakes
We have spent a couple of days in Minneapolis, its part of the twin cities in the midwest, the other city being St Pauls which is just a few miles away. The Mississipi river flows through the centre and there are several lakes to the south west with massive houses overlookin them.

The city seems to be more a great place to live than a tourist hotspot. The place itself is lots like other US cities and seems clean and safe with quite a few parks. They also have a thing called the skyway, this is a series of public walkways that connect together many of the buildings in the city so basically you don't have to go outside to walk around, apparantly there are 4 miles of walkways. This is good considering the heat at the moment.

The hostel is a bit scruffy but ok, we also had to sleep in seperate male / female dorms because the mixed dorm was full. There are also quite a few long term residents in the hostel which in our experience doesn't create a good atmosphere because you just feel like you are intruding into somebodies home.

We also met
Mississippi RiverMississippi RiverMississippi River

The mississippi river
up with a Minneapolis resident who we met first on the plane from London - New York four weeks ago. He gave us his e-mail so we got in touch, (I bet he regrets that now.)

Actually, we had a really good night went out for a bite to eat and then to a Brew Pub, this is a pub that brews all of its own beer on site. So we sampled some of the brews and met some of his friends who were also very friendly.

Anyway, we are off to Bozeman in Montana tonight, just a 21 hr bus journey so we arn't looking forward to it much. We had intended to stop off and see the black hills of South Dakota but there are no hostels in that area that we can get near with the Greyhound.

From Bozeman we are hireing a car and hitting Yellowstone Park for a few days to see Yogi Bear. Excellent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Brew PubBrew Pub
Brew Pub

Post brewpub drunken group photo!


Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb