What a great way to spend our Anniversary!


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Too Much time in the Car!Too Much time in the Car!Too Much time in the Car!

Only a 9-yr old boy could think of this to pass the time!
Happy 19th Anniversary for Us! Couldn’t think of a better way to be celebrating. Today started out a bit rough with no restaurant for MANY miles (almost 3 hours! – there was NOTHING for long stretches and then small towns with restaurants that were closed or perhaps not so appropriate for kids) and kids getting a bit buggy after some late nights and busy days but everything pulled together after stopping at a the Friendship Restaurant. The people at the next table lured Freddy and Bella into ordering the Stuffed French Toast! WOW! That really perked them up. Amazing what a little food will do – the rest of the 8 hrs to Minneapolis, MN was a piece of cake. We were headed to the Mall of America, but stopped off at Fort Snell National Cemetery. Very impressive and sobering. We just missed the visitor center so were only able to drive around the and look.Truly amazing.



Next on to the Mall of America which is impressive in a whole different way! It takes up 78 acres!!! It houses an aquarium, bowling alley, movie theatre, amusement park plus all the stores and restaurants you could ever imagine. You would never need to leave the mall! We were lucky to find a parking space close or might have been walking the whole evening. We decided to go straight to Sea Life - the aquarium that has a tunnel through the tanks that you can walk through so the sharks and fish can swim over you. Ultra cool! We walked through the mall and saw the most amazing Lego store, rode a few rides at the amusement park and ate at Famous Dave’s BBQ. Needless to say, we closed down the mall – actually, the stores closed down at 10, but the mall stays open 24hrs/day. Very late night but luckily not too far to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Shark swimming overheadShark swimming overhead
Shark swimming overhead

In tunnel of Sea Life at MOA
Bella and WoodyBella and Woody
Bella and Woody

They had a great Lego store with fantastic sculptures!
Lego robotLego robot
Lego robot

This transformer is approx. 25ft tall! The lighting is bad because by then the mall was closed!


9th July 2012

Awesome trip!
So glad you guys are having so much fun!!
9th July 2012
Mall of America!

MOA is one cool place!!!
Glad you got to the Mall of America!! We look forward to keeping up with your travels, and we can very much relate to looonnnng days on the road! Enjoy!!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb