"Home"


Advertisement
Published: May 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ever since she was little, her mother always told her that she shouldn't have been born here. She took it to heart. She never quite fit in. There was never a time where she could defenitly call this place home. It made her sad, often depressed, and lonely. She had friends, but many times the phone never rang after promises of calls. People have their own lives, she understands that, but was it so hard to just call and say hi. Growing up, she was made fun of. She wasn't like the popular kids. She had darker skin, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes. They had money. Her family wasn't rich. Few kids she called friends, resorting to playing with her brother and her two cousins most of the time. She tried hard to not let that bother her, but it did. The act of switching schools in her teen years may bring a necessary change, she thought. It didn't. She was thrown from a secure world, to the real world. This was the first time that she discovered what this place she called "home" was really like. And it would only get worse. She tried to fit in. Turning
Lady LibertyLady LibertyLady Liberty

I had to visit the statue while in New York. It was amzing. Makes you proud of this great nation.
on who she really was to impress others. It worked for awhile. She gained some great friends, but this would only last so long. After years of trying so hard to fit in, she gave up. This was a great thing for her because she could be herself, but the people surrounding began to ignor her. She didn't fit into their "hard" world. She had it too easy, most people thought. She would never be one of us. She would never understand. But she did. She understands this very well. People here don't understand what a "hard" life means. From her travels, she has seen poor. She has lived it. However, this knowledge would only further seperate her from the people at "home". With fewer and fewer friends, most having children and starting their lives, she began to feel a need to leave. Traveling only satisfies some of this need, but she knows, that one day soon she will need to go off and find home. A real home, where she feels appriciated, loved, and most of all not alone. A real home where the good is the norm and the bad, well, can be tolorated. She knows there is no perfect place in this world, but there is definitly a place better then this. She has no desire to be here, except for a few people and family. There is nothing here that makes her happy or want to stay. She hopes her travels will help her discover this place she can call home. Where the warm breeze will carass her face and the sun will shine onto her skin. A place where no matter how many times she looks at the view, she is amazed. A place where friends would drop by and she would do the same. Somewhere interesting, where each day brings a new discovery. Just thinking there is a place out there just waiting for her makes her smile and brush all of the bad feelings away. Soon, she keeps telling herself, soon. Freedom will show itself, and she will be ready.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb