Minneapolis Bro Sess Day #2


Advertisement
Published: October 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Freebird Rule Tag Team ChampionsFreebird Rule Tag Team ChampionsFreebird Rule Tag Team Champions

So these three drinks got me ready for the brotastic day.
In true Minnesota fashion, it went from 70 and sunny to 50 and rainy. Wondered around the downtown area and went to Keys for breakfast. It met the requirements of having sit down breakfast and a Bloody Mary’s. You get a pile of good, hearty Midwestern food. Interestingly, the Bloody Mary’s came with a small Miller High Life. The waiter was sub-par at best, but the homemade jelly is amazing.



Being that it was raining and miserable outside, we tried to take the skyway as far as possible to Mac’s on the recommendation of a friend. It was like a giant hamster maze. Eventually we made it to Mac’s Industrial Bar . It was a great experience and my favorite bar the entire weekend. Great craft beer selection, enough TVs, and excellent execution of bar food with a twist. The Fried Plate of Death and Tator Tot Nachos are excellent! My favorite bar we visited the entire weekend.



Next we went to Town Hall Brewery. The brewery had many brews, and after trying them all, they were mostly average. Only the Oatmeal Stout (very good) and their Pale Ale (above average) stood out. The TVs were tiny. An average brew pub, worth a visit once.



Then it was off to Matt’s Bar for the famous Jucy Lucy. I think the expectations were too high, as the Jucy Lucy was meh. Having to pay for the Cab ride from downtown, I would say it is not worth the cab fare and the wait. The burger was okay, the fries were terrible, but they did have Oberon on tap.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb