Minneapolis Bro Sess Day #1


Advertisement
Published: October 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Landed in Minneapolis on Friday afternoon. Took the transit train into the city from the airport. For $1.75 it took us right down town. Living in Maryland, I saw no one checking the tickets and thought how much they must trust people here. The crew checked into the hotel downtown and went to 8thStreet Grill to get some beers and lunch. I liked that they had beer flights, four different beers in samplers, with each sampler having a theme (From local beers, to seasonals, to IPAs.) The food was fine, not disappointed, but the beer flights were the reason to come back. We meet up with a friend who lives in Minneapolis and they informed us that a ticket for not paying on the transit train was $180. No doubt I would be paying the $1.75 each time.

We got dinner at Fogo de Chao. If you have never been to a Fogo, you eat meat until you get the meat sweats and fall into a meat coma. It was good, as always, but overpriced. If I could go back, I would have paid 1/3 the prize and enjoyed myself just as much at a local watering hole. My friend was able to get some leg of lamb, to earn his man card back from a previous Brazilian steakhouse experience. For the evening, we wondered around the stadium and tried to get cheap tickets. After this didn’t work, headed back to rest for long day on Saturday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb