Upper Sioux Agency State Park


Advertisement
Published: July 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After returning from Bemidji on a Wednesday we decided to leave the motorhome packed and just repack again for another weekend of camping. We found a site open at Upper Sioux which is just under 2 hrs away from us. It's a nice park set down in a river valley by the Minnesota and Yellow Medicine Rivers. Our site was pretty spacious and open with no shade. It was a pretty hot and dry weekend too. We later realized there was no dump station at this park. You had to go into Granite City to dump. We dumped when we got closer to home at Baylor Park. We also learned that we could not get any service at our campsite so that made for many trips up to the office area where we could use our internet. Jeff might be a little addicted to a game right now called Hay Day. The campground has lots of historical sites that we checked out and also tipis that you can rent to sleep in. The tipis looked pretty neat inside. Pretty spacious with wood floors to keep you off the ground. There is also a horse camp in the park. We saw a group of riders on the trail a couple times. We did a 3 mile hike on Saturday in the morning which was pretty hot. Then headed into Granite Falls to check out the town. We had a picnic in Rice Park which is along the river and dam. We also walked across the suspension footbridge and watched the pelicans for awhile. We saw several deer around the campground. The showers were very nice, clean and modern. Even had a shelf for putting your shower supplies on which was nice. We opted to not bring the kayaks along this time since we had just used them in Bemidji and didn't want to load them again but there would have been a place to paddle on the river.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb