Day Minus 8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Golden Valley
September 12th 2007
Published: September 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are exactly one week from our departure day!!! We are feeling some anxiety about leaving and somewhat overcome with details of preparation. Olivia's school and teachers have been in contact with us regarding maintaining her education using a similar curriculum. They have been so helpful. Especially her English teacher from last year. He is creating a curriculum for creative writing that would give her credit for the elective provided she turn in reccomended assignments and maintain a daily blog. Also, we just found out that her science textbook is on CD format so that is one less big item to take.

Our fundraising continues however Anne and Tom made a decision to refocus their energy from the fundraising to packing and preparation. We can always continue once we get there. We have reached 150% of our goal now!!! We've been so moved by the overwhelming support of all our family and friends. A few days ago Tom received an email from a stranger who had received a request for donation via email from one of Tom's former coworkers at Nextel Partners. She donated a large amount to a family she doesn't know going to an organization that isn't familiar! Amazing.

Tom taught his last cycling class at the YMCA this morning. He will miss cycling during the three months but a bike is too big and too heavy to carry to Africa. He will be satisfied with his running shoes. One of the participants made a donation this morning. Tom passed out the link to this blog to some of the regulars hoping to maintain contact. He wasn't expecting a donation. We are very grateful for the support. His classes will be waiting for him when he returns.-Tom

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 999.6kb