Day Minus 10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Golden Valley
September 10th 2007
Published: September 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are getting closer and closer. We are continuing our fundraising for the Orphanage and today received a very generous donation that we weren't expecting. It is such a gift to realize how much support is there for us and for the work we will be doing.

Anne and Tom met with the Hopkins North Jr High Principal today to discuss what Olivia will need to do to meet curriculum goals Olivia will need to acheive before she comes back. She will be able to get a creative writing credit by publishing a daily journal on line so expect another link so you can read what Olivia is experiencing. The school was very supportive. They will allow us to take text books and syllabus so that Olivia can continue with the regular curriculum and hopefully not need to make up too much work when she returns.

Anne bought sheets yesterday for us to take with. We are planning on leaving them there with the hopes that we will have some extra space to bring home things we might have bought. I am starting to worry about how cold it will be when we return and how cold Amsterdam will be when we have our two day lay over before we come home from Tanzania. We will be going from a Summer Solstice to a Winter Solstice. I am afraid it will quite a difference and we won't have clothing that will keep us warm.

Good friends of ours dropped by last night to hear the story about how we found this orphanage and how we made the decision to go. Anne told them the dream she had and how it had led her to the Cradle of Love website. I don't mind hearing it over and over. It's an amazing story. We feel very blessed to have the opportunity to make the journey.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb