Grab Your Lederhosen...It's Christmas!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
October 7th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

TRAVEL ROUTE: Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2008

Today, we're headed from Grand Rapids to Frankenmuth... home of Bronner's, The World's Largest Christmas Store!!! Later in the day we will make a pit stop in Midland and then retire for the evening in Sanford, at the home of our friends, Tom & Carrie.

http://www.travelblog.org/gmaps/map_8Dv.html

Today we traveled from Grand Rapids to Frankenmuth, a little Bavarian town, approximately an hour and a half to the northeast. It doesn't take long once you enter Frankenmuth to find the town's biggest draw: Bronner's Christmas Wonderland, "The World's Largest Christmas Store". Bronner's is located on 27 acres of meticulously manicured landscaping and Christmas displays. Inside the main building, there are nearly 2 football fields worth of shopping square footage. The Bronner's website describes the experience quite well: "Inside is a world of singing carolers, dancing Santas, and over 700 whimsical animated figures. "Welcome" signs greet visitors in more than 60 languages. The international theme continues throughout Bronner's where ornaments from dozens of countries around the world decorate a multitude of trees. Ornaments are also available in more than 70 languages with a "Merry Christmas" greeting. Sparkling garlands, thousands of twinkling lights, shimmering ornaments and Christmas music playing in the background create a spectacular fantasyland for everyone to enjoy. Bronner's magical atmosphere conveys the feeling of a European marketplace or Christkindlmart."

We wandered in this holiday wonderland for nearly two and a half hours and still didn't get to fully explore everything it had to offer. We're planning a return trip this coming Sunday to view the lighted displays at night.

After getting our fill of Christmas cheer, we drove north to Midland, Larry's hometown. We picked up our rental car, (love the '08 Altima....lol) and enjoyed dinner at Bennigan's Irish pub. Following dinner, we said our good-byes to Lar's mom and ended the evening in Sanford, Michigan at the home of our friends Tom and Carrie.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Penguin OrnamentsPenguin Ornaments
Penguin Ornaments

(this picture is for Mercedes) :)
Bayne'sBayne's
Bayne's

Such a cute little country store. :)
Cider MillCider Mill
Cider Mill

They make fresh apple cider. Soooo yummy!!!


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb