Heading out???


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Romulus
October 18th 2013
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our daughter has always wanted to visit the UK. We had avoided it due to the horrendous exchange rate for us.

Well, it was now time to suck it up and go for it! We made our plans early and hoped it would all work out. We would fly to London, then stay with friends in Basingstoke for a few days, then visit London, and finally go out to Cardiff.



As of the afternoon on October 18, we really did not know if we would leave this day, or leave the next. I worked this day and while at work, decided to go after I was off. I hurried home to change and finish packing. We actually were behind schedule on the way to the airport, and I wondered if we would make it. Traffic was bad and so that did not help us at all. When we got to the Indianapolis airport, we had about 45 minutes until departure. We checked in and ran to the gate. Luckily, the line for security was short. We made it on without any problems and soon were off to Detroit on a Delta Airbus 320.

Once in Detroit, we had about an hour and thirty minutes until our London flight, so we just waited. At 10:20 pm, we were on board Delta flight 18 to London! We cleared for business class and I was in seat 10A. Our flight was smooth and routine.

I had a salmon meal and a few drinks, before turning in for a few hours of sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 51; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb