Heading out


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Romulus
October 10th 2014
Published: April 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It's time for fall break in our area. That means the girls are off school for two weeks. Also time for a trip, but to where?

Well, our friends in the UK wanted us to return so we said sure! The day before, we did not know which route we would take. We look for routes in which we can get business class. Spoiled, I know. It looked like we would actually fly Indy to New York to Shannon to London. Then the Aer Lingus from Shannon to London became full. Next, it looked like Indy to Boston to London. However, the Boston to London became very tight for stand by travel. Finally, we would decide on Detroit. The two Detroit to London flights were wide open in economy and had 10 open seats in business class on each flight.

The only problem now, was that the Indy to Detroit flights were all full. Luckily, there are several cities within a two hour drive that we could go to. We saw that Evansville was wide open and so we hired a car one way to drive there.

We left home by 7am and were in Evansville by 9am. Our flight to Detroit was at 10:30am. We flew on a Delta Connection CRJ-200 from EVV to DTW and it was a little bumpy most of the way. We were seated in row 6.

Once in Detroit, we had some lunch at Wendy's and then waited. We had about 4 hours until the London flight. The 10 business class seats were holding up so that was a good sign. At 6:30pm, we were departing on Delta 0018, which was a 767-300 aircraft. We did clear for business class and I was in seat 9B, with the girls in front of me in seats 8B and 8C. The flight was very smooth the entire way. I had a cold deli plate of salmon, which I had last year, and it was very good! I also had a few gin and tonics, while watching the movie "Captain Phillips". I thought it was a fantastic film! After the movie I went to sleep for about 3 hours or so and slept well. An hour before arrival, we had a light breakfast, and then were soon at LHR airport. We cleared customs and immigration quickly, and then went down to meet our friends.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 17; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb