Four Winds Casino and Resort


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » New Buffalo
December 17th 2012
Published: December 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Four Winds (New Buffalo, MI)


Sunday, December 16, 2012

We drove to Four Winds Resort and Casino outside of New Buffalo, Michigan to see the Cirque Dreams Holidaze show.



We certainly are not strangers at Four Winds, although this was the first time that we had gone to a show in their relatively new theater, Silver Creek Event Center. I guess the name “Event Center” gives away the fact that it is not really a theater. But that difference had not yet sunk into my consciousness until we entered. Our complimentary seats were in Section 101, Row J, which was to the left side of the main section. The problem is that basically the seats, banquet chairs actually, are all on the same level. It was difficult to see the stage even being as close as we were. There were large viewing screens to each side of the stage, which we used.



The show was a high octane, variety show of Cirque style performers dressed in their characteristic garish attire, performing their feats of daring-do while accompanied by Christmas music. Our favorite “act” was the Quick Change Artists.



Because of the seating in Silver Creek, this will probably be our first and last show we attend, even with the tickets being complimentary.



After the show we had dinner, and of course availed ourselves of the many gaming opportunities. In our humble opinion, Four Winds is a rival to any casino in Las Vegas.



We were comped a Jr. Suite so did not have to drive back home until Monday. Great get-a-way!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb