Beau Rivage Resort & Casino


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi » Biloxi
December 31st 2012
Published: December 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

test


December 27-30, 2012

We left 10” of snow in the driveway on December 27th and began our drive to Louisville where we would take the 10:30 flight on Vision Airlines to enjoy a complimentary three night stay at the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi. The normally two hour drive took an excruciatingly three what with stopped traffic on I65 which caused us to decide to take US 31 as an alternative. Unfortunately, 31 was still snow-covered with extremely heavy traffic.



We made a detour to Horseshoe South to enjoy a late lunch/early dinner at the Paula Deen Buffet and some free play before completing the drive to the airport.



This was our first trip on one of the complimentary junkets. Beverage service on the charter flight was a little different than on a normal flight (at least on the way south). The flight attendants’ cart was filled with liquor instead of the usual soft drink options. An hour and half later we landed in Biloxi. Actually not much warmer than home!



A twenty minute bus ride brought us to the Beau Rivage which means “Beautiful Shore” in French. By the time we were checked in and had taken our bags to the room it was 11:00 P.M. Indy time. However, we didn’t actually crawl under the blankets until almost 4 Indy time!!



Friday didn’t start for us until after 10. We enjoyed a great breakfast buffet before beginning our day. The Beau Rivage is a beautiful casino. Of the casinos in this area, it is by far the most elegant. It most resembles the Bellagio in Las Vegas. The Christmas decorations in the lobby entrance were magnificent. Our only complaint is that the restaurant prices reflect that magnificence. A $28.95 breakfast per person on Saturday!!!! You’ve got to be kidding!!! For a more reasonable breakfast we walked across the street to the Waffle House.



There is a trolley style bus that makes the casino circuit for a $1.25 ticket price per ride. We hopped on and off the “Hopper” and visited Harrah’s Grand & IP. The Hard Rock Casino is beside the Beau Rivage, a quick five minute walk.



Before we knew it the alarm woke us to a Sunday morning check-out. By 1:30 we had landed in Louisville (no liquor on the attendants’ cart on the return flight!), and an easy drive found us home by 3:30.



Thanks MGM and Beau Rivage for a relaxing and fun after Christmas weekend.

Advertisement



3rd January 2013

Thanks again
Not sure if my response went through so thanks for the wrap on my blog site. It's much appreciated. I will also keep an eye on your adventures as the southern USA in on our hit list for some time in the future. Cheers. Gary.
3rd May 2013

requesting
Just wondering how do I go about requesting entertainment? I saw Barry Manilow in Duluth Georgia April 27 and all I can say is wow. Barry has done alot of Vegas shows and I would love for him to come to The Beau Rivage. Thanks. Sincerely, Kim Billings

Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb