Day 1 - Flint to Charleston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Flint
February 26th 2012
Published: March 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Round one - Wake up Little Leah, Wake up!

Wake up at 8am, leave at 9am, arrive Flint airport 10am, leave Flint 12:10pm, arrive Atlanta 2:30pm, leave Atlanta 5:00pm, and finally arrive Charleston 5:45pm.

Phew.

Long day waiting, sitting, drooling, and anticipating.

Mom, Dad, Aunt, and me....and round two begins.

Pick up bags at 6pm, drive off in new rental at 6:30pm, arrive at Lodge Alley Inn at 6:45pm, check-in after finally finding the valet at 7pm, quickly survey our luxuriously antiquated accomodations before dashing off to see our very informative concierge named Caitlynn at 7:15pm. Generoulsy outfitted with maps, coupons, recommendations, and, most importantly, an appointment with a Bluegreen agent at 1:30pm the following day we delve into the most important question: what are we to eat? We are tired, famished, and teetering on the verge of ornary. Without hesitation, she recommends a well-priced bar and grill with "great burgars and salads" called Moe's. Moe's is less than a block from our lodging and situated behind a pricier, finer dining option. Aptly hidden so as not to clash with the classier establishments located on the main street of East Bay. It was like any other small town bar - small, open area, worn tables & chairs, televisions adorning the perimeter of the ceiling, and, as with any good college town, a group of roudy fun-loving students. The food, despite the lackluster decor, was delicious and filling. I had a tomata, basil, and mozarella salad with a side of home-made balsamic vinaigrette all placed upon a bed of mixed greens. My parents indulged in what they like to call a "coronary bypass special" of burgars and fries while my Aunt tried a middle of the road option between healthy and a coronary with her turkey reuben and fries. Typical barfood with atypical satisfaction.

Fait accompli!

*Ding* *Ding* Round three: The Oscars.

My Aunt, an avid pop culture buff, insisted on watching the 84th Annual Academy Awards...a tradition for her at this point. We begin watching at 8:30pm and saunter off to bed at 11:45pm.

And she's down for the count. Good night!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb