August '09 - Michigan (Day 1)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Detroit
August 15th 2009
Published: April 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 (8/15/09).

Detroit - Tigers vs. Royals game at Comerica Park.

Left home and arrived in Ann Arbor, MI around 2 pm.
Drove straight to our hotel, Quality Inn - Ann Arbor. After checking in we walked to Bob Evans, which was right next door to the hotel, for lunch. We then headed back to the hotel to change clothes. We loaded up the truck and began the drive into Detroit. The drive into Detroit was pretty easy and we found parking about 3 blocks from Comerica Park. Once parked, we walked several blocks to the Hard Rock Cafe, being I must buy a shot glass from each HRC I go to. The walk back to the ball park was a nice easy walk. Upon arrival at Comerica Park, I shot up several pics from the outside. After about a half-hour wait, the gates opened and we were able to go in. A couple of the cool features I noticed about the ballpark was the merry-go-round and ferris wheel inside the ballpark. It is a very family friendly venue. After shooting up some more pics, we found our seats and waited for the game to begin. It was a great game, the Tigers won 10-3. On the walk back to the truck, I realized how different some places are after dark. Needless to say, I parked in a not so great part of town. After being hassled by numerous panhandlers, we made it to the truck and headed back to the hotel.

I don't like to talk bad about places, but Detroit is definitely on list of cities I'll never return to.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb