Return to Kalamazoo


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Alpena
September 1st 2014
Published: September 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The return trip to Kalamazoo was basically a mirror image of last Friday besides a few memorable incidents which I can share here. Once again the first stop took far longer than expected. Pulling into Ossineke I noticed a man sitting in a rascal waiting to board. The driver spent ten minutes attempting to figure out how to move the seats out of the way, in order to provide access for the wheelchair lift. She eventually gave up and requested assistance. I volunteered and was able to figure out how to disengage the various seat locks. The driver required another ten minutes to get the man onto the bus. The joke arose when we got to that very same fast food joint in Oscoda that I love so much. The normal forty minute meal stop was reduced to ten due to the delay in Ossineke; and who do you think was the first one off the bus? That’s right; the man in the rascal, but on foot and absolutely gagging for a milkshake. Unfortunately some of the people that had been traveling for lord only knows how long, hadn’t enough time to order and simply walked back to the bus looking dejected.

The rest of the trip was unremarkable. We arrived in Kalamazoo on time which was a pleasant surprise. I did have 45 minutes to wait for the Metro however so I walked down to Westnedge Ave. and then to the old Kalamazoo Central High School. The next fifteen minutes were spent people watching. Maybe five minutes passed before I saw my first of several drunken stumble bums, his face covered in blood. What a fitting welcome after a relaxing weekend.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb