Mattapoisett Massachusetts for Labor Day - 4th visit


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts
September 2nd 2016
Published: September 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


MattapoisettMattapoisettMattapoisett

Here are the hosts with the Atlanta visitors.
Friday morning, time to drive from Queens over to Mattapoisett, Mass. The drive is almost all Interstate, thus a little boring. But once you near our destination, the feeling changes. This is pure New England territory. The homes are gorgeous.

We met our friends on Main street at the Inn about 12:30. But, since seating was limited, we decided to have lunch at the Oxford Creamery. You would never get an argument from me. I love their lobster rolls. Jackie got fish tacos. That's not on the menu but at times they will prepare it. If you are ever near here, come and eat some fine seafood. This is a walk up creamery where you either take out or dine out in the small park out front.

After eating it was time to check in and unpack. We would be staying for three nights so no need to live out of suitcases. There was time to walk down to the beach and relax there.

Later, we met at Mitch & Debbie's house for some welcoming wine, then carpooled over to the Bay Club golf course for a group dinner. This was our fourth visit to see our friends Merry and Ann. They are members of the Bay Club and hosted our dinner. As always, it was fabulous. The food and wine were exceptional.

After dinner, it was time to crash. Tomorrow, we have golf and no need to stay up too late.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb