NYC to Niagara Falls to Sanford,, Maine to Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts
March 25th 2008
Published: March 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok yeah, i suck pretty bad at this bloggin thing... in the fact that i don't do it enough!!! Well i suppose i have a lot 2 write about in this one! Can't really remember where i left off but it was somewhere in NYC. Let me tell u that at no point in NYC did i get sick of it, i mean we were there for 9 days and didn't really even scratch the service of "things 2 do". We got a boat to the statue of liberty, which is impressive and then we went 2 ellis island, which was interestin but we were rushed 2 catch the last boat. Suppose it would have been more interestin if i had ancestors who came through ellis island, like 100 million people in the states as it goes i don't think the metcalfes ever left yorkshire!!
Walked over the Brooklyn Bridge which gave us a decent view of the city we had been traipsin around 4 the past week, especially as Manhatten was shrouded in mist and the skyscrapers just disapeared in2 the clouds. I did take pictures and at sum point in my life time i will get them on here 4 those who r interested. R last hostel was in Harlem which we thought might be quite scary but as it goes was fine.
We got up early and made are way 2 Penn Station waited an hour or so and then boarded r train 2 the falls. Travellin by rail is about 10,000 times better in this country, seats like armchairs and a decent amount of leg room and then the views were pretty amazin all 9 hours worth of em!!
We got 2 the falls and then got 2 are hostel which was a house really but the woman who ran it was really helpful and the hostel was pretty empty due 2 it been off season.
We looked at the american side of the falls and were pretty blown away... it beats the salmon ladders in Boroughbridge neway!
The following day we went 2 the canadian side where the views were even more breath taking. It truly was a spectacle, with the river being mainly frozen and tons of water pouring over the side.
The next day we made our way 2 Wells, maine. Bear in mind we started off at 6:45 a.m and via penn station and boston we finally arrived at Wells at 12:54 a.m. so it was a looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnng day. We got off the train and were greeted by our old buddy John 'Danger' Flynn. We got back 2 his house and had a bit of a tour... he has a bar in the basement!!!!!
The next day John drove us 2 Portland where we had a few beers and grabbed a burger. We headed back 2 Johns 4 a few drinks at the Flynn basement waterin hole.
The next day John took us 2 a Wal-mart Superstore!! Everything u want in one big building, we were all tempted by a sarrney the size of ur are which around 14 animals must have been killed fill it!! We all then went out 4 beers and got v. drunk and watched the basketball. Me and ben have chosen the Boston Celtics as our team 2 support and the University of North Carolina in the NCAA Basketball competition.
This mornin we had a lazy one eatin bagels with cream cheese and takin a few pics in Flynns bar.
John then drove us 2 the station where we departed 2 Boston and here i am. The hostel seems really decent with a real helpful guy tellin us what 2 do, where 2 eat etc.
Well this has been a long blog so if ne of u r still readin it at this point well done!! I'll try and get pics on here soon i promise.
Oh and a big thank u 2 the Flynn Family 4 accomadating 2 smelly travellers who were welcome of some home comforts after a couple of weeks in hostels (what a couple of wimps)
Peace
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0893s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb