Still here in USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts
September 8th 2005
Published: September 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!
This is Nancy and training is very much underway here in Waltham, MA. Kerry, Julie, Meaghan, Sr. Catia and I are having a good time. On Monday Kerry, Meaghan, Sr. Jorna, Sr. Lupe and I all headed to NYC to obtain our visas for Jamaica. We had quite the experience at the Jamaican embassy. We arrived with in 10 minutes of opening and I was about the 20th person being in line. Once we got up to the desk the information that we had was not sufficient. We had to go to Kinko’s to copy off our flight info, yes I said flight info (Meaghan, Jorna, and I leave Sept. 19!). Then we got back to the embassy and they told us we needed passport size photos…so off we went again. We finally got everything to go through and our passports and visas should arrive via FedEx by Monday. We spent the afternoon hanging around NYC. Jorna was amazed by Grand Central Station. She thought the ceiling, which is painted with constellations, to be like heaven. Julie and Kerry head out to Peru in 10 days. Meaghan and I are leaving in eleven. We are all very excited! We learn new things about our countries and the sisters experiences there everyday. Sr. Terri, whom lives with Meaghan and I told us about how she had ganja growing in here garden, and then let her gardener sell it. Sr. Maria told me a couple times when she experienced gunfire in Jamaica. It’s all pretty crazy. Nonetheless, the sisters always tell us how great the people are. We are still extremely excited to go.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb