Boston Weekend


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts
September 10th 2004
Published: September 10th 2004
Edit Blog Post

My wife and I arrived at Logan and headed for the water taxi. Several friends recommended this as the best way to get to the hotel. The morning was cool and bright. And it was in deed an excellent way to see the city. Boston is beautiful from the bay. The water taxi took as to the dock at our hotel on the Charles, the Residence Inn. The hotel is a block from Old Ironsides. Great location.
After settling into our suite, we talked to our daughter who was on the train from New Haven. We started the walk to South Terminal to meet her. That's when we discovered that Bostonians sense of distance and time is a little warped. The hotel clerk told us it was about a 15 minute walk. Even the best race walker in the world is not going to make it from the Residence Inn to South Terminal in 15 minutes. But after about 40 minutes and a bit of whining from Norine we arrived at the station and had a joyous meeting with Stephanie.
We walked up the street a little way to a nice little sidewalk restaurant called Rudi's. We talked, ate and made plans for the weekend.
Norine found a trolley vendor and bought us tickets for Saturday and Sunday and got us a free ride to the hotel.
We got back and took a nice rest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb