Martha’s Vineyard.


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Weather was going to turn on us to get to the next destination so our Captain decided to leave Newport early to bit the storm. The boss drove the rental car and took the ferry while we took the yacht (Pretty odd!!). They got in to a little adventure that we had to rescue them from. Anyway, the next day the crew and I prepared a very special surprise for Father’s day. I cooked eggwhite shrimp tacos and Amber did a tshirt napkin setting which pleased our boss very much.



The town is real cute and I loved the gardens and the flowers around Main Street.



We had our “Sunday Fun day” during the week and rented an island jeep to drive around. The island is 87 square miles and has just a few towns. It can easily be driven in a couple of hours. We went to “Edgartown”, the town were the movie “jaws” was filmed and it is playing in all the theaters because of the 40 year anniversary. We drove from point to point and took a few photos before the storm came. It looks that we are going to have to stay another day. The “Gay Head” cliffs area andt its lighthouse was probably the most scenic and my favorite area.



Martha's Vineyard (is an island located south of Cape Cod in Massachusetts, known for being an affluent summer colony. Often called just "The Vineyard", the island has a land area of 100 square miles (260 km2). It is the the third largest on the East Coast of the United States, after Long Island and Mount Desert Island.

The Vineyard was also home to one of the earliest known deaf communities in the United States; consequently, a special sign language, Martha's Vineyard Sign Language (MVSL), developed on the island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb