Tanglewood, Lenox - Prarie Home Companion


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Lenox
June 27th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Saturday afternoon Karen and I headed out the Mass Pike to Lenox and the Tanglewood Performance Center.
We were going to see how radio is still made with Garrison Keillor and A Prairie Home Companion for the 6pm live show the old fashion way. At about 5:45 Garrison took to the stage and began singing the "Star Spangle Banner". He proceeded with a medley of songs walk through the shed right past us he sang a Beatles song. parading around the shed. It was a great evening of entertainment with Guy's All-Star Shoe Band, The Royal Academy of Radio Actors, Martin Sheen, Steve Martin with the Steep Canyon Rangers and superb vocalist Heather Masse. Special guest was the Berkshire Mountains own Arlo Guthrie. They performed an enthusiastic show earning applause and laughter through out. They then went on to perform an hour and fifteen minute encore. It was like no other performance I had ever been to. We certainly got more than our moneys worth. When we arrived the sun was shining through partly cloudy skies but half way through the show it began pouring rain on one side of the shed but it then took what seemed like forever to reach the other side of the shed. We're certainly were glad we got seats under the roof. We both loved the show and hope to return next year when A Prairie Home Companion returns to Tanglewood.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



3rd October 2011
Garrison & Heather Masse

Heather Masse
What was the title of the "Autumn Song" or October Song" Heather sang on PHC on weekend of Oct1-2?

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb