Native Americans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
January 22nd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

A genocide that left a mark on America that current Americans try to forget was the Native American genocide. Many Americans think they have forgiveness for what happened in 1492. However, the Native Americans probably won't ever forget what the Europeans did to them. The Europeans saw what they did as colonizing on land without any problems. The Native Americans first welcomed them as visitors that didn't mean any harm. When the Europeans came back, they brought over diseases with them which killed millions of Native Americans without the Europeans getting their hands dirty. Once most of the population was gone they moved in and begun settling there. When there was resistance by the Native Americans the Europeans slaughtered the Native Americans with their advanced guns. It was just an unfair battle that the Native Americans had no chance of winning. This is sadly how our great United States begun, and this shows how that genocide left a lasting effect on the world by the USA being one of the top countries in the world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb