If You Visit the Constitution Marina in Boston MA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
August 21st 2013
Published: August 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

There are in fact several marinas on Boston’s “downtown” waterfront but we have stayed only at the Consitution Marina. If you want to stay here, you should definitely make a reservation.

Just “up the steps” from the marina is the Sorelle Bakery & Cafe on Chelsea Street, a pleasant place that serves good coffee, croissants and bagel-sandwiches.

Ten minutes walk up Charlestown Main Street brings you to the Warren Tavern, built in the 1700’s. This is a pleasing, appropriately old fashioned place that served us an excellent plate of large, juicy chicken wings (and a nice bottle of wine). A couple of blocks further brings you to a small convenience store.

It is very easy to walk across the bridge to the North End and from there into Boston. On a previous visit, we walked to Cambridge. If you want to do this, it is wise to study the map in advance and/or take a detailed map with you. With a bit of planning, you can do most of this walk in parkland. Without planning, you may find yourself on endless bridges over highways and railway lines.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb