"South for the Winter" : Boston, MA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 25th 2007
Published: November 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Boston, MA to Hingham, MA


THE LIVIN END
Jefferson 42

Oct 25th. Boston, MA

Capt. Vitto owner of M/Y "The living End" once more is bringing his boat SOUTH FOR THE WINTER.
Every year for the last decade he has spent the summer up north in the East Coast of the US and during winter he returns south to Florida and the Caribbean in his S/V “Volare”.
This winter it’s going to be his first time in “The Living End” a 42” twin screw Jefferson that he acquired last May.
He posted an online ad looking for crew. Ximena responded and a few days later she was landing in Boston, MA.
While Vitto did the last provisioning Ximena figured her way by bus and subway to the USCG REC in Boston, Ma. She just finished a few maritime training courses and she wanted to file the documents to get a Z card (Merchant Marine Document) OUPV License (License that allows her to operate uninspected passenger vessels up to 6 passengers and 100 miles offshore-which including the Caribbean) and STCW certificate.
Today was a big day for her. After the evaluation her file was approved and she will be getting her first Vessel Operator License
in Near Coastal waters in four weeks, along with her z card and STCW Certificate which is going to allow her to continue her training as an Able Seaman. Cheers to that!
She also got to have dinner with Mabelita at a Boston's Water Front restaurant. That sealed the day…It has been 5 years since they saw each other last time.
Ximena took the ferry back to Hewitts Cove in Hingham, MA were “The living End” was anchored. The nighttime landscape was beautiful.

More pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ximenaolds/sets/72157602865123593/

or:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=9035&id=598227394



View boat's track line



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb