1 Day in Boston


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
June 22nd 2007
Published: June 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

ok so i get to my hostel around 11:30pm, just in time. in time for what you ask? just in time to make it to a bar of course. so i check in, go to my room and open the door, i'm expecting a bunk bed. but of course that wasnt the case, there's 3 bunk beds in one small room and 5 guys w/ no shirts. i'm like no mames, they're all sleeping. so i pretty much just toss my stuff in there and walk to a bar near by, about a block away. i just walk set up shop at the bar and start convos w/ the bartenders. they were pretty cool, they actually served my last beer at 2:03am! shit that never happens in sd, their trying to kick you out at 1:30am!! bastards. these bartenders didnt even hurry me up to finish my beer. it was cool of them.

so i get back to my room and i'm having trouble getting in. the dammn key card is not working, i'm literally in front of my door for like 10 minutes until one of the guys jumps off his bed and opens it for me! lol. i apologized and stuff, he was cool about it. so i get ready for bed, lay down (this is around 3am) and just by chance i look at the bottom of the door. there's mad light coming through because the door is off the ground like 4 inches. so i look over there and guess what i saw? SUPERMAN!! no silly not that foo in tights but a rat, seriously this rat wasnt even running that foo was walking!! lol...i got my bags off the floor and threw them on the bed! so atleast i didnt sleep alone. lol

so i wake up all pumped up at 7am! shower, get ready and head down to the hostels continental breakfast. i walk in and i start doing the robot because i see raisin bagels (my fave). so i put them in the toaster and they start toasting too much, so i panic try to pull the lever and that shit aint working, so the girl next to me reaches over and pulls it herself, she saw me panicking. and i'm thinking shit i look like an idiot and she's probably thinking "this guy is a pussy" lol. anyways so i'm like ok i'm good i'm good. i walk over where they have the condiments and i do the robot again because i see that they have unlimited cream cheese in a bowl, or so i think. so i pile that shit on the bagel like theres a war tomorrow and i better eat because i dont know when the next time i eat will be. so i walk over to my seat look at the bagel and notice that the cheese is melting, in my head i'm thinking its cuz i burned the bagel. so i bite into it, well what happen i bite into a brick of butter. i literally spit that shit out and i just put my head down because i'm sure everyone is looking at me by now and saying saying to themselves "rookie".

anyways its all good i had the breakfast of a champ, well maybe you would call it the breakfast of an animal. a beer, a stella to be exact @ Fenway Park just to calm the nerves. that was my first visit. the park was actually cool, i thought it was going to be weak sauce, well i was just coming in w/ my Dodger attitude where i have to hate just to hate. but i was actually impressed. after that i had lunch at Cask and Flaggon in front of the stadium.

at that point i decide to just start walking like an idiot because i didnt want to pull out the tourist map! i even txt flavio and carmen and told them i think i'm lost because i'm just walking around like an idiot. i ended up being at the shopping district, or atleast thats what they say, where all the cool shops are at. that area seriously has nothing on King Kong (fashion valley, oh how i miss thee!). i was thinking about buying a pair of kicks in every city, but they didnt even have a boutique where they sell unique kicks, that was a bust. i ended up walking around like an idiot for 2 hours. jump back on the train and head to the harbor.

i did a harbor cruise, it was a 90 minute cruise. it was cool, got to see the harbor where the Boston Tea Party occured, saw the USS Constitution Ship (oldest ship in the world), and just saw lot of water after that. but it gave me some time to just sit and relax because my body was breaking down in just one day! and i still got 12 days to go. shit. ihml.

after taht i went to quincy market, which is like the santa monica promenade in l.a. i thought for sure i will find the white wigs w/ the curls there, so that i can use it on 4th of July at the beach in SD. but no luck. maybe tomorrow at the freedom trail tour. wish me luck.

so then i jump back on the train and head over to the sam adams brewery. but when i got tot he street from the sam adams stop i look outside and literally see thugs kicking outside drinking beer, clearly looking for the tourist from hell (me). i do the robot bust a U turn and head back into the train. i was not going to walk out there w/ a polaroid camera on one hand and a map on the other. i was just asking for it. i'm hood rich, but not hood.

so i decide to head out to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. it was cool, but i know for a fact i'm not going to remember what i saw tomorrow i was dead beat. good thing its only a few blocks away from my hostel. i got back at 8:30pm. i was out in the streets for 12 hours and 30 minutes, of pure walking, subways, almost getting beat up by thugs! lol...but i'm ready for tomorow.

so day one consisted of...
1. Fenway Park
2. Shopping District
3. Harbor Cruise
4. Quincy Market
5. Sam Adams bodyguards
6. Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.

all in all i think it was a productive day!! ok i wish i could write more but my time is about to finish...one more thing.. 22's! 22's!!! sonn!




Advertisement



22nd June 2007

22S SONN 22S!!
hahahhaa....Only you my friend!! Miss ya sonn!! Be safe out there!
22nd June 2007

Happy for you...
Wish I could be there with you.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb