Low ceilings


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

Today was another enjoyable day, for sure. We started out with a walk along the rest of the Freedom Trail, which included visiting the church where Paul Revere worshiped as well as Old North Church where the famous "one if by land, two if by sea" lanterns were hung. We have been fortunate to meet some very friendly people here in Boston who have been eager to help us understand this city's great history.

We also visited the USS Constitution (Old Ironsides) and enjoyed a tour by a very nice woman who surely has the best job in the Navy. It's a good thing that most of us are not very tall; the ceilings on the ship were . . . shortish. Keaton really had to watch out! After the boat, we made our way over to the Museum of Science, which was nothing short than incredible! This museum has more interesting hands-on exhibits than I've ever seen. Unfortunately, some of our students seem to be less interested in museums and more interested in sitting on a bench or shopping, shopping, shopping. We hope that their attitudes will perk up a little and we'll be able to show them the value of what it is they're experiencing! Overall, this has been another great day with very responsible students, for which we are exceedingly grateful.

Til tomorrow--

Becca/Stephanie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb