Getting ready for China


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Auburn
September 20th 2012
Published: September 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

OK, this is definitely not worth your time, let me warn you. I'm new to blogging and giving this a test run while sitting in the Toyota service area having an oil change. Just one of the many fun chores to take care of before we start on our 3-week trip to China.

You probably don't need to read about laundry, canceling the paper, holding the mail, cleaning out the fridge and garden, and shopping for gifts...

Perhaps the only preparation unique to this trip was our quest for new or new-looking $1 and $5 bills to be used as tips along the way for everyone from tour guides to bus driver to hotel maids. You might think you could just walk into a bank and ask for these. That was true for the fives, but the ones were a challenge, even after calling two weeks ahead.

What gifts should we bring to a couple of host families? Suggestions were NBA team shirts or paraphernalia, colognes, school supplies. Just try to find some of the latter that aren't made in China! Somehow it would seem a little insulting to bring a Chinese product as a gift from America, no?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb