A Day in the Ocean


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Ocean City
July 22nd 2021
Published: August 13th 2021
Edit Blog Post

For our first full day in Ocean City, we definitely wanted to hit the beach. We got up fairly early, packed up our beach stuff, and headed out. We ran across some traffic heading towards the island and on the island itself, but it honestly wasn't too bad. We did make the mistake of going to a Dunkin right after the bridge, and had to wait in a line for twenty minutes or so. It would have been much smarter to go through the drive through at the one in Berlin, so lesson learned.

We stayed in the middle of the island and avoided the boardwalk end. We found the parking to be free in this area, and I'm sure the beaches were less crowded as well. We ran across the busy road carrying our beach chairs, bags and coolers, but weren't fast enough. When the light changed, the vehicles charged ahead, apparently unconcerned about hitting a few middle-aged pedestrians. We barely made it to the other side. It was scary, but also hilarious. We could each hear eachother muttering "Oh my God, Oh my God" or something to that effect. We commented that it was like a live-action game of Frogger.

After that excitement, we picked a good spot and set out our little chairs and blanket. The place was busy, but we felt like we had enough space. We did plenty of sunning, a little drinking, and a lot of people watching. When we got hot, we'd go in the ocean and play in the waves, my favorite part. Every once in awhile, one of us would get knocked down by a wave and have a hard time getting up before the next one hit. At one point, Theresa had a particularly hard time standing back up, and got knocked over at least three times in a row. We could not stop laughing! We stayed at the beach for about four hours. I kind of forgot to reapply sunscreen and burnt my chest pretty badly. I'd have to spend the rest of the trip wearing a cover-up or laying on my stomach. Dumb move on my part.

There is nothing like being at the ocean. I just love it. There are some moments in life when you just stop, look around, and think, "this is the best!". Today was one of those moments. I thouroughly enjoyed my morning here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb