Baltimore Day 1 and 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Baltimore
August 12th 2007
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The trip begins Saturday morning at 7 AM with a short flight filled with enthusiastic flight attendants singing to the entire plane that is filled with Red Sox Fans! I got picked up from the airport and presented with a handmade "Red Sox Road Trip" T shirt Brandy made for the group. We checked into the hotel and went straight to Camden Yards area to Pickle's Pub. After some drinks and lunch, we got to the stadium early to sit in our amazing seats in the front row on the third base line. Many people talk about Camden Yards being "Fenway South". You truely can't appreciate this without actually being at the game. I think I saw a total of 10 Orioles fan in the entire stadium. We sat in front of a Red Sox Fan who introduced himself as 'Bob with One O'. He was filled with jokes, all were not funny. Game was great and then we went over to a Federal Hill area of Baltimore for dinner and some drinks. We grabbed some Chineese food for dinner. One of the menu items had a saying "The more your try, the more you like". Sunday we woke up early and got some breakfast near the hotel. The place was packed with Sox fans and the staff was going crazy to keep up. Highlight of the day was this Russian waitress who kept yelling at the kitchen staff in her accent, "There's cinnamon and eggs! There's cinnamon in the eggs!" Anyway, after we left we decided to drive back to Virginia Beach which was a good decision since a) it tooks us longer than we expected because of traffic and b) Gagne BLEW IT again for the Sox. Extremely frustrating to watch the Sox slowely lose there lead. Sunday night we went out to dinner and went to a Beer Garden and then rode scooters through the neighborhood.

Check out some pics from the weekend using this link.

Baltimore Pictures



Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb