Maine - Lewiston morning, birding.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Lewiston
August 8th 2015
Published: August 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Early this morning, after a cup of coffee at the motel ( weak, but not too bad), we visited Bates College campus just to look around. Robert F. Kennedy attended this college. It's a pretty campus with lots of silver birch trees and a pond.the buildings are all brick and all built in the same style, like Wake Forest Univ. buildings. that reminds me, at Scoodic Point, when driving back we spotted a bicyclist with a yellow and black tie-die shirt. Waited till we passed her to make sure it was a WFU shirt and then shouted 'Go Deacs! She smiled back. Saw chipping sparrows, mallard ducks, heard nuthatches and chickadees.

Next stop was Thorncrag Bird Sanctuary in Lewiston- about 300 acres of woods of pines, birches, and oaks. Highlight of this visit was a beautiful Indigo Bunting! Again, heard lots of birds, saw some that didn't stay still long enough to even identify. But we really enjoyed the peace and quiet with only bird calls as we hiked through.

After a good breakfast at a nice homestyle, small cafe, came back to the motel to get ready for Mehendi meet and greet event.

We're staying at a cheap motel since we only need a place to sleep and shower, but the BEST part about it is that there are signs on the streets of Lewiston directing one to the Motel, so one can always come 'home' without getting lost!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb