Shopping Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Freeport
June 13th 2018
Published: June 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today our goal was to go to Freeport to the outlet malls. Since both of us had gift cards to LLBean and Freeport is LLBean’s home, we were all excited. Trip up was uneventful. Found the right exit and there was the town. Actually Freeport is more than LLBean, there is an entire outlet center, but by far LLBean is the cornerstone. First there is corporate headquarters,the outlet store, the hiking and fishing store, the home store and the giant regular retail store. We managed to spend most of our money at the outlet store, but Carol got some other things at the retail store. I need to tell you that all the LLBean stores are not in one place, but scattered throughout downtown. Before we went to the retail store, we stopped at the Corning Ware kitchen store and stocked up on essentials. Carol was on a mission to see how many Christmas presents she could stock up on in one shopping trip. Between the LLBean outlet and the kitchen store we filled the trunk (Going to be a fun time packing at the end of the trip). I had my first lobster roll At Linda Bean’s food stand. I get the feeling that Bean is a common name in this town. Must admit it was okay, though I am not a big lobster farm. Then we decided to go and check out the Audubon Society in North Freeport, but guess the GPS gods were not with us. We thought we were following the map (yes, I said map) correctly but after 15 minutes of driving we decided maybe map was not so accurate, so we got out Carol’s phone and tried to find it. No luck. Finally she had to approach Google from another tack and it showed up. Unfortunately, the directions took us back into Freeport center and then out to 95 and a diffetent direction. So, second day in a row we threw up our hands and headed back here. Did manage to find a Walmart superstore and bought some food. Thought having breakfasts and dinners here would be a little cheaper. Got enough to see us through the next five days for $46, so now I can have a couple of expensive seafood lunches and not break the bank. By the way, can anyone tell me why they only have steamer clams here? You know, the ones with the black thing on them. I have been so looking forward to having a big meal of little neck or cherry stone clams here and they are not on any menu. Tomorrow we are taking a trolley and cruise tour of Portland. Maybe I will find some there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb