New England Fall Foliage/Lobster


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Ellsworth
September 19th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

9/19/11 Leaving this morning for our first stop in Maine, and our first lobster(lobstah)! Will be spending four nights at Saltwater Farm Campground in Thomaston, Me. Temp dropping into the 40's tonight. Had Leta's leftover soup tonight.
9/20/11 Visited 3 lighthouses. Marshall Point, where if you are familiar with the movie Forrest Gump, you will recognize it as one of his turn around points on his run across the U.S.. Owl Head lighthouse, because of the owl head in the rocky cliff, even though it is hard to see because the beak has eroded over time. Rokland Headwater lighthouse, where there is a 7/8 mile granite walkway, that Shelby and I walked, while the ladies sat on a bench and watched, until they got cool then they returned to the truck to wait.
On our way back to camp we had lobster dinner at Shaw's at New Harbor. You may not recognize it, but this was the restaurant in the film "Message in a Bottle."
9/21/11 Drove to Two Lights State Park to have lunch at the Lobster Shack, not for the food, but for the scenic overlook of Casco Bay. Unbelievable!!! Went to Pemaquid Lighthouse, and stopped for Wild Maine Blueberry Icecream, Umm,Umm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 92, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



1st October 2011

Beautiful!
I love all the pictures particularly the ones of the light houses and water. New England looks like it has a lot of beautiful places.

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb