New England Fall Foliage


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Ellsworth
September 22nd 2011
Published: October 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

09/22/2011 Continuation of our second week.
Rained all day, and foggy. We drove around a bit, and ended up visiting Maine State Prisoners Woodworking Store. It was very interesting, and one could spend a great deal of money, if you enjoy woodworking. This evening we had sirloin steak, potatoe, and corn on the cob. Watched "Message In A Bottle," for the ladies, then "Another Pair of Aces," for the guys.
09/23/2011 Today we moved closer to Bar Harbor to stay at Patten Pond Campground. You will see pictures of the new and old bridge that crosses the Penobscot Narrows. Ellsworth had a beautiful riverfront walkway and park, and that evening we had a fish fry dinner at Duff'y's Restaurant.
09/24/2011 Raining and foggy. Went to Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park. Visited Thunder Hole, Otter Point and decided the fog was to thick to enjoy Cadillac Mountain or other areas of the park. We did purchase tickets for a Whale Watching cruise. This evening we bought lobster, and tried a Cajun Lobster Boil, Uum Uum Good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb