Relaxing But Finding Time for Some Gun Shopping


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Bar Harbor
August 6th 2014
Published: August 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Gun ShoppingGun ShoppingGun Shopping

A selection of guns for sale, including a nice pink riffle.
After the full-on three days at Boston and the long day travelling, today was designated a do nothing and relax day. We spent the morning sleeping and by the pool, and also catching up on things like postcards home and this blog. We also decided to change rooms in the hotel as the previous one was right by some air-conditioning units which were making a racket all night.

We drove to Bar Harbor, but it was pouring with rain, so we decided to find a supermarket to stock-up on supplies. There is a Walmart about 15 miles back into Maine, so we drove there and spent our time checking out what American supermarkets have to offer. We didn't realise that what they had to offer extended to shotguns and semi-automatic assault riffles. They were nowhere near as expensive as I expected, $250 for a basic rifle and $350 for a shotgun. We had a chat with the guy selling them and then headed back to the groceries.

Back in Bar Harbor, the rain had stopped and we set about finding somewhere to eat for the evening. Eating out in Bar Harbor involves lobster, lobster and more lobster. The locally
Stewman's Lobster PoundStewman's Lobster PoundStewman's Lobster Pound

One of the many places to eat fresh lobster in Bar Harbor.
caught lobster is obviously the big thing here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Bar Harbor SunsetBar Harbor Sunset
Bar Harbor Sunset

The sunset when we got back to our hotel.


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.11s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb