Lobster Town


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Bar Harbor
August 2nd 2019
Published: August 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

July 31, 2019 – Bar Harbor, Maine - Weather: 84°F/29°C, Foggy in the AM, Clear skies by noon, wind 8.1 mph, humidity 78°



This morning we threaded our way into Frenchman Bay through the fog and fields of drifting buoys marking the locations of lobster posts. Bar Harbor is located on Mount Desert Island, which is the third largest island on the East Coast of the United States. As there is no wharf we had to anchor in the bay and use the ship’s tenders to transport guests and crew ashore. The island is home to Acadia National Park which covers approximately 38,000 acres with another 12,000 acres of conservation easements.

After spending a quiet morning aboard ship reading we went ashore in the early afternoon to catch our shore excursion “Victorian Villages of Mount Desert Island”. This was a two hour bus tour of the four largest clusterings of habitation on the island. Approximately 10,000 people stay on the island year-round and that number easily triples during the tourist season.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



4th August 2019

Great memories
Have some memories of Bar Harbour and area from many years ago. Great pictures. Enjoy your voyage, and avoid that seasickness! (You should be pros by now).

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb