RIHLA #23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana
April 15th 2013
Published: April 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I think the U.S government should be responsible for obiding by the commitments that its predecessors made. A deal was made, even if long ago, and the Native American people have kept their part of the deal. However, over the years, the United States has taken advantage and had not completely held their part of the treaty. The U.S doesnt want to cover the general welfare of Native Americans anymore and do not want to be responsible for the treaties their ancestors made long ago. However, if they want to take back their part of the deal, then Native Americans should, too. Their ancestors had died for that treaty and wish to honor them. If the U.S doesn't want to keep their end of the deal, neither should the Native Americans. And if the U.S doesn't want to give the Native Americans back their land because it was gained by their ancestors, then they should keep their end of the deal. It isn't fair that they get to enjoy what their predecessors gained but take away what the Native American's predecessors gained.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.117s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb