CAJUN COUNTRY TO NEW ORLEANS


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana
April 14th 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Having a wonderful time down in Louisiana, Monday went to Baton Rouge for the day which is an hours drive from Lafayette, very flat and swampy country. Took a day trip Tuesday out around the national parks that surround Lafayette, Lake Martin and Avery Island, saw loads of alligators, turtles, birds, full of life!! Then Wednesday Tim and Debbie arrived to beautiful sunshine from Michigan where it was snowing when they left. It is great to catch up with them again, our Aussie reunion!! Thursday we took a Pastor Brothers boat trip down the bayou, it really was like a Jethro and Ally May trip, the guys taking us on the trip had two foot long beards, drank beer all the way and talked a whole lot of crap!!! It was a great trip though, we also took and esky full of refreshments so it wasn't all bad! That trip took us for about 4 hours so saw a lot around Lafayette and all the gorgeous homes that back onto the bayou. Friday we came down to New Orleans for the French Quarter Jazz Fest, just amazing the town is full of tourists. Suzie had booked us into the Marriott months ago under her company so we have great rooms and very close to the French Quarter. Its a very colourful festival, everything from the weird to the wonderful, saw Blakes friend Ronnie Kole play with his band today - world class!! Friday night Blake booked a stretch limo to pick us up from the hotel and take us to his 100th Anniversay of his school, Loyola New Orleans, had a wonderful cocktain party there with loads of lovely nibblies and drinks and then were taken to Columns Hotel, a very old and famous hotel, for MORE COCKTAILS! Then after a couple there went to Emerils Delmonico, a very classy restaurant Blake had booked for us all, all in all we had a fantastic night, all eight of us, retired very late and rose early this morning to stroll down to the Quarter to listen to jazz and blues. Had seafood gumbo and jamalaya for lunch YUMM!! We are fitting right in - now off for dinner to Mulates another great restaurant in this fantastic town.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 36; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb